The Ruffy Hall was erected in 1893 – a small weatherboard building with a small supper room at the back. From 1959 to 1967 Mr Tom Eddy’s generator was used to provide power to the hall until the State Electricity Commission connected power with a grand ‘Switch-On Ball’ on 30 June 1967. With continual fund-raising over the years, many improvements and extensions have been to the building until it now ranks as one of the best country halls in Victoria.
The most recent improvement to The Ruffy Hall has been the installation of solar panels to offset electricity usage/costs. The necessary removal of some trees, due to safety issues, has resulted in improved access and light at the front of the hall. The trees have been replaced with more suitable species, and form part of a soldier’s memorial area in memory of local men who served in WWII – this memorial is wonderful sight right near the entrance to Ruffy.
The Ruffy Hall Community Accessibility and Enhancement Project (2011) has been completed. This involved the installation of cafe blinds to enable the rear skillion to be enclosed in bad weather, a spectacular stone fire place ensures a cosy atmosphere, a BBQ area and landscaping of the rear garden area as well as a wheel-chair accessible toilet.
Henry Noye – President
Sharron Batt – Secretary
Melissa Eddy – Treasurer
Bill Eddy – Hall Bookings: 5790 4264
Committee members; Ray Paget, Cathy Artridge, Roger Morgan